Shift Leader 1st Shift
Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job Summary::The Shift Leader is responsible for the direct
supervision of youth and daily programming activities provided
during the course of their assigned shift ensuring that ratios are
met at all times. The Shift Leader is subject to work overtime. The
Shift Leader will maintain a flexible, organized and efficient work
- Complete monthly supervision and maintain appropriate
documentation of employees under their direct supervision.
- Complete annual performance appraisals of employees under their
- Ensure the development of staff work schedules and recommend
approval or dis-approval of personal leave requests, holiday leave
requests, and/or sick leave requests to Program Director or
- Address employee performance issues in a timely manner and
maintaining documentation of conversations through the use of memos
to the record/conference notes. All documentation must be submitted
to Program Director or designee for review.
- Conduct intake services to include but not limited to:
completing necessary paperwork, providing youth with an overview of
the program services and for initial placements of youth in to the
- Responsible for providing basic needs to youth upon arrival to
the program (to include but not limited to: meal, clothing, hygiene
products, shower and bedroom assignment).
- Must provide Direct Care Services to youth to ensure that
ratios and appropriate supervision levels are continuously met as
per state and federal requirements.
- Develop positive rapport with youth while serving as a role
model to create a safe and caring environment.
- Must ensure all forms and progress notes (efforts) are properly
completed in SWK's web-based program (ETO) to ensure compliance
with state and federal requirements.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of special
educational events (to include but not limited to: spelling bee,
science fair), acculturation activities (Cesar Chavez Day,
Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, Holi-Festival of Colors, 16th of
September), educational (to include but limited to: visits to
museums) and recreational outings (to include but not limited to:
movies, park, amusement parks), assist in the coordination of
student council activities and other meaningful experiences for SWK
youth which promotes volunteerism and learning.
- Provide vocational courses and curriculum in a subject area
approved by the Program Director or designees which introduces
youth to career choices.
- Assist with the coordination of Physical Education instruction
and other large muscle activities in coordination with the Program
Director or designee as required by state and federal
- Assign NSLP duties to employees and ensure that the Meal
Tracking System is used accordingly throughout the assigned
- Receive sick calls from employees for incoming shifts and plan
accordingly to ensure ratios are met.
- Maintain open and consistent communication with the Program
Director or designee regarding all incidents.Other Functions::
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Attend trainings that will enhance professional growth in the
area of Education, Vocational Instruction, direct supervision, and
other topics deemed appropriate by the program director or
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that
up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy
changes or practice are adhered to.
- Be able to assist in the distribution of medications to youth
as prescribed by Medical Provider.
- Ensure that direct care staff serves as a Substitute Teacher in
the absence of the regular Teacher in a classroom setting and/or be
able to serve as a substitute teacher in the absence of direct care
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to
inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to transport
youth to destinations located within the S.
- Attend Treatment Team Meetings to convey youth's progress to
all disciplines present.
- Maintain a safe, clean and hazard-free facility. Tasks include
regular maintenance and general cleaning of common areas including
restrooms and kitchen, rotation of laundry (linen, towels and
clothes) duty, and general maintenance of outdoor areas (to include
but not limited to: backyard, playground, and parking lot).
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.Qualifications and Requirements::
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of experience
working in the youth services field either through paid or unpaid
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- CDL required within 6 months of obtaining position (Programs in
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Cleared drug test results (Texas programs only).
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.Physical
Demands::Must be able to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)
certification and First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be able to
supervise clients indoors and outdoors by standing for extended
periods of time. Bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs
required to complete daily tasks.Work Environment::This is a twenty
four hour residential facility at which minors receive multiple
services. Three shifts per twenty four hour period. Work shifts are
subject to change. Noise levels vary from mild to moderate. Noise
level varies from mild to moderate. Exposed to prevalent weather
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Glendale , Shift Leader 1st Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!