Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers Inc.
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Description:MEDICAL ASSISTANT JOB SUMMARYPerform administrative
and certain clinical duties under the direction of provider.
Prepare and maintain treatment rooms, drape and position patients,
hand equipment, supplies, and instruments to provider. Takes vital
signs, visions PAMS, assists with treatments, maintains equipment,
visual fields and inventory supplies, including EMR, patient
scheduling, charge slips and routine patient instruction and
knowledge of CPR.*BILINGUAL IN SPANISH OR ARMENIAN REQUIRED*MEDICAL
ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESClinical Duties:
- Administer medical questionnaires directly to Clinic Staff,
Patients as well as any visitors entering job sites
- Administer and interpret the temperature of an individual
utilizing forehead, tympanic and/or oral thermometers according to
manufacturer's instructions and CDC guidance for personal
- Reporting cases of positive and negative responses according to
- Communicate findings directly to the Leads as required
- Document findings and results of the Medical Screening
- Make changes in the appointment type as needed basis depending
on findings and results while having polite, but clear
communication with the patients about the changes
- Don and Doff PPE as required within the protocol for performing
medical screening as needed basis
- Patient Relations
- Assures timeliness of services rendered to patients
- Clearly informs patient the name of provider who will render
- Arranges for and assists patients in understanding instructions
for all ancillary services
- Listens to complaints from patients regarding services
- Demonstrates adequate triage technique in handling telephone
calls from patients and inquiries regarding services rendered
- Appropriate management of filing records, recording telephone
calls and prescription refill information in electronic medical
- Checks floor stock and sample medications, discards expired
medications appropriately, re-orders as needed
- Demonstrates accurate knowledge in management of emergency
- Assists patient to room
- Looks after patient's comfort while on premises
- Maintains availability to examining Provider as needed.
- Accurately performs visual testing and on-site testing.
- Accurately file all patients' lab results, x-ray, EKG, SCANS
and all miscellaneous documents after doctor signs off
- Assists providers in all medical examinations
- Collection of all specimens, including cultures, for laboratory
- Assists in minor surgery, positioning and draping patient,
- Inventory, Ordering, Facility Maintenance
- Screens telephone calls for referral and takes messages for
- Under the direction of the provider an MA may administer
injections of scheduled drugs, including narcotic medications, only
if the dosage is verified by the provider prior and the injection
is intradermal, subcutaneous, or intramuscular.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for
reports and records.
- Updates and maintains required logs
- Translates for provider and office staff as requested
- Assists in preparation of office for a site review and
- Performs tasks under the direction of provider and
- Calls in prescriptions or prescription refills under the
direction of the provider
- Performs related work as required
- Maintains patient care areas as follows:- Cleans (daily) all
community areas- Cleans immediately following infectious exposure-
Inventories supplies daily and orders as appropriate- Maintains
patient confidentiality at all times
- Provide reproductive health counseling ( title X services
- Participate in huddles with provider MA team
- Conducting chart prep (to ensure that patients file are
complete for patient care on day of appointment, including Standing
Order Sets based on Clinical Guidelines)
- Motivational interviewingAdministrative Duties:
- Schedules appointments
- Registers patient data in computer
- Sends appropriate information to various departments and
medical officesOrganizational Activities:
- Knows rules and procedures for request for Information.
- Knows rules and procedures for release of information.
- Acquires appropriate signatures.
- Ascertains that Provider or manager is aware of request for
- Submits appropriate information per above procedure.
- Reports equipment or supply needs to Administrator.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains general office equipment, i.e., Xerox, typewriters,
Computer, Printers, CPR carts, emergency supply and auxiliary
- Maintains computerized files of patients, including updated
names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.
- Conducts mailings to patients.
- Performs calls to patients for recall purposes.
- Attends health fairs/events.
- Plans for event and prepares necessary items required to
conduct successful event.
- Communicates effectively with event attendees, explains
services, and schedules appointments.
- Works with Management in creating/reviewing necessary
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements:MEDICAL ASSISTANT
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- 2 years experience preferred
- CPR Certified
- Certification through AAMA preferred
- BILINGUAL IN SPANISH OR ARMENIAN REQUIREDPAY RATE:
$19-22/HRMEDICAL ASSISTANT BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision - 100% paid by Employer
- Life Insurance and Accidental Dismemberment - 100% paid by
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental InsurancePM23PI2621339f69a2-31181-33582946
Keywords: Comprehensive Community Health Centers Inc., Glendale , MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!