Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers Inc.
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Description:JOB SUMMARYResponsible for assisting the Dentist in
the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of
the center. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for
sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental
instruments and supplies.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
- Serves as dentist's chair side assistant.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental
Department protocols and the dentist's directions.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with
state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by
the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental
Department directive and protocol.
- Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturer's direction and Dental Department policy and
- Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental
department directives and protocols as well as center policies and
procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and complies a list of
individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering
- Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors
patient flow, and assists the Dental director, dentist in assuring
that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately
completed and filed.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient of the dental
- Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and
equipment in accordance with dental department directive and
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with dental department
directive, center policy as well as state and federal
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease
prevention activities, both on site and off site as required.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or
necessary tasks to achieved organizational and programmatic goals
and objectives.Requirements:EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred.
- At least one year experience in dental office setting. PAY
RATE: $19-22/hrBENEFITS:Medical, Dental and Vision - 100% paid by
EmployerLife Insurance and Accidental Dismemberment - 100% paid by
EmployerPaid HolidaysPaid Time Off401K401K MatchingFlexible
Spending AccountFringeSupplemental InsurancePI207422153
Keywords: Comprehensive Community Health Centers Inc., Glendale , DENTAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...