Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Family Medicine
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Why Mayo Clinic
Imagine yourself in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll work
alongside world-renowned experts, learn new things every day, treat
conditions that few medical professionals ever encounter, and have
a vast range of career paths to choose from. Now imagine that in
addition to all this, you have the chance to change lives every
day. That's what it means to be a Nurse Practitioner or Physician
Assistant at Mayo Clinic.
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation's best
hospital (U.S. News & World Report ), ranked in more specialties
than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a
better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care
and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part
of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious
and complex medical challenges - one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional
information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits . Eligibility may
During the selection process, you may participate in an OnDemand
(pre-recorded) interview that you can complete at your convenience.
During the OnDemand interview, a question will appear on your
screen, and you will have time to consider each question before
responding. You will have the opportunity to re-record your answer
to each question - Mayo Clinic will only see the final recording.
The complete interview will be reviewed by a Mayo Clinic staff
member and you will be notified of next steps.
Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in family practice
work within care teams comprised of both physicians and NP PA's.
Together, they provide care for a wide range of patients; including
preventive care, chronic condition management, acute visits, post
hospital follow ups and preop exams.
The FNP or PA must meet two to four of the following:
- Spend at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds,
service, or shift work)
- Perform specialized procedure(s)
- Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least
50% of days worked
- Take call assignments (Primary and/or ED)
- Provide Weekend/Holiday Service.
New Grads will not be considered at this time.
For Nurse Practitioners:
- Current RN license, Advanced Practice Certificate, and
Prescribing and Dispensing Certificate in Arizona
- FNP by an approved certifying organization
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hireFor
- Graduation from a university program approved by the
Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician
- Certification by the National Commission on the Certification
of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Active Arizona License issued by the AZ Regulatory Board of
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire
- Two years of APP experience in Primary Care
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to
unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two years in primary care required
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record
- Must attest to ability to care for pediatric patients.
License or certification
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon
hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain
certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency (American Heart
Association or Red Cross).
- Maintains specialty certification as required for specific
- Current RN licensure from Arizona, or valid compact state
license with Arizona license obtained within 90 days of start
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with
internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
Either four 10 hour or five 8 hour days; Monday -Friday
On Call, Nights and weekends
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant
investments in both the physical and technological future of health
care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in
Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and
Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as
the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million
residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny
"desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst
of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to
live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of
culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and
collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's
desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement
of sports and recreation.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic
is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the
diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any
employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the
LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to
access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Glendale , Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Family Medicine, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!