Company: US Oncology, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Facing cancer takes great strength and courage. It also takes an
exceptional team of caregivers using the most advanced cancer
treatment options, clinical trials, and research protocols. We are
looking for a Registered Nurse that focuses on bringing
understanding and peace to patients and their families during what
may seem like a confusing and challenging time.
Our mission is to increase access to and advance the delivery of
high-quality cancer care in America. As part of US Oncology, one of
the nation's largest health care services networks dedicated
exclusively to cancer treatment and research, we can quickly bring
the latest advances in cancer care to our patients. Most
importantly, we understand the special needs of cancer patients,
and are devoted to caring for the whole person, not just the
disease. Our physicians and staff treat patients in over 21
locations throughout the state including Glendale, Goodyear, Green
Valley, Phoenix, Prescott Valley, and Tucson.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package that
includes, 401K Profit Sharing Plan, Critical Care Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Health Spending Account, Legal Insurance, Long-Term
Care, Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan, Short and Long-Term
Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Vision Insurance.
To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be
brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care.
In your job, you will have the ability to make a difference in a
patient's journey by:
* Assess and monitor therapy of patients using appropriate
technical skills under the direction and supervision of a
* Document all elements of care in the patient record focusing on
accuracy and compliance; triage patient/family phone calls as
needed and document relevant information in the patient's
* Evaluate patient/family needs and provide education.
* Maintain efficient and appropriate patient flow while focusing on
* Partner with physicians to assist with exams and procedures.
* Perform venipuncture; access implanted ports and maintain central
venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
This position allows all levels of experience.
* Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required within 3
months of hire.
* Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
What You Bring to the Team:
* BSN preferred.
* Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in
the treatment of cancer is preferred.
* Demonstrate knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge
* Demonstrate awareness of community resources available to
patients and assist with referrals if necessary.
* Maintain current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating
in ongoing educational opportunities.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Masks are
required in all Arizona Oncology facilities regardless of
vaccination status. Candidates who accept employment including
current employees who are applying for internal positions, are
required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to their
start date. Religious and medical exemptions are available to those
who meet the criteria.
Keywords: US Oncology, Inc., Glendale , RN/Per Diem, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!