Integrated Health Intervention Specialist
Company: Jewish Family & Children's Service
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Overview - -Jewish Family and Childrens Service (JFCS) mission
is strengthening the community by providing behavioral health,
healthcare and social services to all ages, faiths and backgrounds.
- At JFCS, we hope for a future where families are strong, where
our elders are cared for and where children are safe. - - -Under
the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Integrated Health
Intervention Specialist carries out a behavior plan identified
through functional behavioral assessments/clinician assessments.
-The position provides skill training for both the child and
parents/caregivers participating in JFCS services. -Implements
behavior intervention plans focused on increasing/reinforcing
positive behaviors and decreasing disruptive/challenging behaviors
that are preventing the child from experiencing success in school,
home or the community. -Works collaboratively with the treatment
team members, child, family, school, child welfare, and other
involved parties. -Consistently documents behavior and provides
continuous updates to the treatment team.ResponsibilitiesDuties to
- Provides coaching and support through structured behavioral
approaches for children and their families to promote positive
behavior changes. -Provides coaching techniques to
parents/caregivers to utilize additional newly learned
parenting/coaching strategies. -Understands the unique culture of
each family that is being provided services. -Assists the child and
family to create/follow daily routines, create independent living
skills, build instructional control for task completion, reward
systems, -build appropriate relationships/interactions between
family members, increase effective communication skills, and
appropriate community social interactions.
- Collaborates with the treatment team, collects data/documents
behaviors, improvements, regressions, parental interactions and
approaches to assist the treatment team in modifying
- Completes progress notes, client report cards and all required
- Participates in all required meetings, Child and Family Team
(CFT's), staffings, department and team meetings.
- Performs other job related tasks or responsibilities as
assigned. -Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of learning theories and behavioral approaches for
teaching new skills and managing challenging behaviors.
- Ability to understand children with complex needs.
- Ability to work a 40-hour flexible schedule including nights
- Ability to travel as position works in the family home, school
and other community locations.
- Ability to work with the child and the parents in
coaching/skill building and implementing behavior strategies and
effectively provide crisis management when necessary.
- Ability to utilize strength based coaching approaches in all
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to engage and work with diverse cultural groups.
- Bi-lingual, Bi-cultural a plus.
- Behavioral health experience; Inpatient/Residential experience;
or Group Home/DDD/CPS in-home work experience required.
- Must be familiar with all the agencies a child may be involved
with (DCS, JPO, RBHA, SARRC).Qualifications
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in a behavioral health-related
field; or a Bachelors Degree in any discipline with at least one
year full-time direct behavioral health work experience; or an
Associates Degree with at least two years full-time direct
behavioral health work experience; or High School Diploma with 4
years full-time direct behavioral health work experience. -
- Ability to maintain a DPS fingerprint clearance without any
- Reliable Transportation
- AZ Auto Insurance
- Valid AZ Drivers License
Keywords: Jewish Family & Children's Service, Glendale , Integrated Health Intervention Specialist, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!