Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Biling
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionArizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center
(AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians
specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since
1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the
community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across
Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of
physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking Patient
Care Coordinator/Medical Assistants to join our team. To learn more
about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com Patient Care
Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Bilingual Spanish and English
Preferred - Westgate Office - AKDHCUnder the direction of the
Office Coordinator, the Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant
will be responsible for performing general medical assistant
functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while
providing assistance to all office personnel as needed.
- Perform patient care activities, such as back-office check-in,
check-out, prescription refills, anemia, and iron management,
administer injections, schedule procedures and provide patient
- Schedule and process 24-hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate,
temperature, blood pressure, weight, height; and update medication
list; record information in patients' charts/EMR to include urine
tests per Clinitek.
- Notify physician of changes in patient's clinical status and/or
abnormal test results.
- Draw patient's blood, collect urine samples and process
specimens for courier transport.
- Monitor and optimize allotted time slots in all schedules
utilizing the available programs/reports.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to
distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data
input, answering phones and general support to all office
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and prioritize and
complete day to day activities.
- Maintain office equipment, office, and medical supplies through
efficient inventory management.
- Process Hospital Disposition Reports.
- Process Recall Reports and mail recall and no-show letters to
patients; follow up with patients and/or primary care physicians as
- Monitor dictation process by maintaining accurate dictation
logs, ensuring physician review and signature, mailing report and
scanning dictation into patient files.
- Process medical record requests for patients, referring
physician offices and attorneys by adhering to HIPAA regulations to
- Assist in the annual purging process of patient charts.
- May be required to report to alternate AKDHC worksites, as
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant preferred or a
diploma or certificate from a recognized course of study for
preparing Medical Assistants
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for
interfacing with patients, staff, and outside vendors
- 1-2 years front/back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive, and cooperative
- Successful candidate must be able to use a stethoscope,
computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier.
- The ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 50 pounds is
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your
success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive
benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and
vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the
company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the
company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment
where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes,
decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Insperity, Glendale , Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Biling, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!