Rad Tech PRN Westgate Surgery Center
Company: United Surgical Partners International, Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Westgate Surgery Center is looking for a PRN Radiology Tech to
join our team!Job Summary:The Radiology Technician will perform
multiple vascular and interventional procedures under the direction
of specialized physicians, including operation of special imaging
and radiology equipment. Skilled at sterile field assistance during
operating room and pain management procedures. Maintains a
professional relationship with physicians and staff.
- Perform the described duties in the primary work area and
demonstrate competency in the following: IV and contrast
administration, orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology,
operating room Radiology, trauma Radiology, GI Radiology,
outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Radiology, myelography and
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x
ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the
body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper
exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed
radiation safety procedures.
- Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and
equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients
for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and
protective devices as required; report any changes in patient
condition to attending medical staff.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with
fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
- Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with
identifying information; sort as required.
- Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure
compliance with established standards of quality.
- Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and
maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.Required
- Must possess strong OR skills.
- Must have experience using both Siemens and OEC C-Arms.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians,
patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological
- Must have a current AZ state license (MRT) and AART
- American Heart Association BLS certification required
- One-year hospital experience required (3+ years
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission
RegulationsUSPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws
regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are
offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable
law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or
obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to
your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination
requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in
accordance with the law.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Inc, Glendale , Rad Tech PRN Westgate Surgery Center, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!