Company: Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Founded in 1926, Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center is a
334-bed, acute care, nonprofit, community hospital located in
Glendale, California. - The hospital offers a full complement of
services, including its award winning heart center, the colorectal
surgery institute, a gastrointestinal program, and is a Los Angeles
County approved primary stroke center. - The hospital shares a
legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's
five largest health care systems. - Visit for more information. -We
offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Programs.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care,
pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
Position Summary: -Directs operations related to the clinical
laboratory. Provides overall direction to laboratory
managers/supervisors. Creates alignment with hospital staff,
department directors, and physicians to foster open communication.
Oversees all workflows to maintain the highest standard of quality
and service. Prepares and manages the budget for costs related to
the clinical laboratory. -Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Works closely with hospital staff, department directors and
physicians to ensure that the highest standards of quality and
service are maintained.
- Writes and updates procedures and manuals as needed; reviews
employees annually to ensure they have current information needed
to perform tests and procedures.
- Manages, updates and takes responsibility for the quality of
laboratory work processes.
- Prepares the laboratory budget for costs such as personnel,
equipment, supplies and consumables, and ensures adherence to
Education and Experience: -
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive Laboratory Services
experience in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science, of
which three (3) of those years with an emphasis on management of a
Medical Laboratory.Licensure: -
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or National
Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) or Clinical
Laboratory Scientist (CLS), or equivalent required. State license
as required.Special Skills: -
- Business case development including financial analysis.
Keywords: Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center, Glendale , Director Lab, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!