Behavioral Health Technician (BHT)
Company: Setting Foundations
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT)As a Behavioral Health
Technician (BHT) you will provide screening, assessment, treatment
planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related
documentation, crisis intervention, individual and/or group
counseling services to adults in a residential sober living
environment. You will have the opportunity to contribute to and
create a recovery-based environment where consumers area given the
opportunities to lead satisfying and productive
- Become aware of and protect client rights.
- Provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence,
individuality, strengths, privacy and choice.
- Recognize obvious symptoms of a mental disorder, personality
disorder, or substance abuse.
- Be aware of the behavioral health services that the agency is
authorized to provide and ensure that the staff member is qualified
to provide those services. Ongoing training is provided and
- Meet the unique needs of the client populations served by the
agency or the staff member, such as individuals who have substance
abuse problems, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, or
individuals who have co-occurring disorders.
- Protect and maintain the confidentiality of client records and
- Recognize and respect cultural differences.
- Recognize, prevent, and respond to a situation in which a
client may be a danger to self or a danger to others or may be
experiencing a medical emergency.
- Prepare client daily progress notes.
- Conduct client assessment and complete client admission
- Read and implement a client's treatment plan.
- Verify the "CHECKLIST" binder regularly for compliance with
- Check calendar daily for client appointments.
- Record and document client information.
- Keep clean work areaQualifications:
- Previous experience in healthcare or other related fields
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to keep up with Continuing Education Courses provided
- Behavioral health: 2 year (Required)License/Certification:
- Fingerprint Clearance Card (Preferred)
- CPR (Preferred)Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, ContractPay:
$15.00 - $16.00 per hourBenefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Referral programMedical Specialty:
- Home HealthSchedule:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Commission payCOVID-19 considerations:
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Behavioral Health: 2 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Fingerprint Clearance Card (Preferred) (Preferred)
- CPR (Preferred) (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Setting Foundations, Glendale , Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!