Certified Caregiver Medication Tech Full Time Memory Support
Company: Heritage Communities
Posted on: April 5, 2021
ID: 2154Location: Glendale, AZDepartment: Nursing
If the thought of sitting at a desk all day, surrounded by four
walls makes your skin crawl---read on! At Heritage Communities, our
team members move fast throughout each day providing care to active
seniors who need a little extra help in their lives. Our retirement
communities are different from nursing homes, as we serve active
seniors. Our goal is to help residents remain as independent as
possible, while building in time for associates to have regular
interaction and conversation with residents, in addition to their
primary tasks. Relationships matter to us. If relationships are
important to you, we invite you to consider joining our team! Job
Summary The Certified Caregiver Medication Tech provides high
quality healthcare services and programs to residents. The
incumbent provides superior resident care, complies with company
policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the
advancement of our business strategy. The Certified Caregiver
Medication Tech promotes a positive culture that focuses on our
core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and
associates. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated
behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents,
families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies,
vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist with training associates and community for inspection by
regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, completing
corrective actions, accurate and current record keeping practices,
policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Follow operational processes, procedures and best practices
that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are
applied throughout the community.
- Provide resident assistance in personal care and daily
activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing, transfers,
ambulation, toileting, meal and laundry services.
- Administer medication in accordance with physician orders and
- Ensure resident care and services are provided in accordance
with Resident Service Agreements company policies and state
- Assist in maintaining accurate and complete services plans,
medication records and files for each resident.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment
through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and
safe work practices. Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience as a certified caregiver and 1+ years of
experience as medication tech in a senior living or related
industry role required
- Must hold state required caregiver certification and medication
tech certification as applicable along with an acceptable record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups
including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at
various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust,
Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving
emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion
- Ability to manage detailed, complex concepts and problems and
make sound decisions regarding residents, families, associates or
other administrative issues.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information
that involves HIPPA, residents, associates. Work Environment Work
takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a
computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place
in the outdoor environment. Position may also involve exposure to
latex, infections and communicable diseases. Physical Requirements
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move
equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
intermittently throughout the day.
Keywords: Heritage Communities, Glendale , Certified Caregiver Medication Tech Full Time Memory Support, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!