Licensed Practical Nurse (Full-Time & Relief)
Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Full-Time & Relief) in Glendale, New York
- Careers at Glendale House Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Licensed Practical Nurse (Full-Time &
Relief) Job Locations US-NY-Glendale Job ID 2020-6687 Category
Developmental Disabilities Compensation Min USD $20.00/Hr.
Compensation Max USD $27.00/Hr. Type Regular Part-Time Overview
Manage the nursing care of individual, including determining the
need for immediate physician attention, the execution of medical
orders of the physician or dentist and the coordination of the
individuals nursing care in relation to routine facility activities
and the individuals comprehensive treatment plans. Responsible for
overall medical, dental, and nutritional care of all MR/DD
individuals residing in facility. Adherence to applicable
regulations and review of resident progress as appropriate.
- Evaluates each client's need for nursing care on a periodic and
continuing basis, and when appropriate provide such care under the
supervision of RN and QIDP.
- Such services include control of communicable diseases and
infection through identification and assessment, reporting to
medical authorities, implementation of appropriate protective and
- Develops a written nursing plan for each client requiring
nursing care as part of individual program plan
- Reviews each client's plan in terms of the clients' daily needs
at least quarterly, and more frequently for those with an acute or
chronic condition requiring treatment or surveillance by a
physician or other health professional.
- Modifies nursing plan as necessary.
- Monitors the effects of medication and make periodic checks to
assure that clients are talking medications prescribed, the
prescriptions are taken as necessary mid outdated and discontinued
drugs are disposed properly.
- Make periodic checks to ensure that clients are maintaining an
adequate level of personal hygiene.
- Secure the services of the clients' physician for illness or
injury and for continuing and preventive health services.
- Arranges all medical, dental appointments and hospital
- Promptly informs Program Manage/RN of any serious incident car
violations of resident and staff rights per established
- Utilizes tile nursing process to assess, plan, inclement and
evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient's
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and
psychosocial changes in the individual's condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interpret data and information from
records and documents actual and/or potential nursing
- Record on the individuals medical records nursing observations
and action taken, such as nursing care given, medications and
treatments given, reactions to treatments, tests, the intake and
output of fluids and solids and the individual's vital signs.
Record nursing needs of individuals.
- Work harmoniously and cooperatively with all consulting and/or
contracted medical services to insure
- Recommended treatments are carried out, integrated and
documented into die treatment plans.
- Insure that the inventory standards for medicines, solutions,
supplies and equipment are maintained to meet nursing care
- Account for die issuance of controlled drugs and narcotics and
inventories of these drugs.
- Insure the physical safety and security of the individuals by
assessing individual's ability to maintain his or her own safety
and by taking the precautionary measures necessary to adequately
safeguard the individual from self-inflicted injury or
environmental hazards that may cause physical harm to the
individual. This includes protection of individuals from health
hazards such as transmission of infectious organisms, isolation of
infected individuals and use of property sterilized equipment when
its use is necessary.
- Provide appropriate information to the individual and family
about such areas as sustaining and preventive health care, personal
hygiene, methods of family or self-treatments, self-medication and
possible side effects of medications.
- Serve as a liaison, interpreter or as accompaniment to
individual with outside providers of health services.
- May train direct Support professional staff by way of
demonstrations and the provision of written and oral instructions
in the performance of nursing techniques and the use of certain
- Carry but all policies of the agency issued management in
accordance wife OPWDD and/or other funding agency guidelines.
- The essential functions of the job include but are not limited
to the duties listed in the job description. Qualifications
- Licensed by NYS Dept. of Education
- Experience in community residence and/ nursing homes a
- CPR certifications preferred.
- Has respect and consideration for the resident being served
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Glendale , Licensed Practical Nurse (Full-Time & Relief), Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!