Company: Orchard Pointe
Posted on: February 23, 2021
If the thought of sitting at a desk all day, surrounded by four
walls makes your skin crawl--read on! At Heritage Communities, our
team members move fast throughout each day providing care to active
seniors who need a little extra help in their lives. Our retirement
communities are different from nursing homes, as we serve active
seniors. Our goal is to help residents remain as independent as
possible, while building in time for associates to have regular
interaction and conversation with residents, in addition to their
primary tasks. Relationships matter to us. If relationships are
important to you, we invite you to consider joining our team! Job
Summary The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for
assisting with the leadership, management and oversight of
healthcare services and programs that caregivers provide to
residents. The incumbent assists in supervising a team of
caregivers and ensures superior resident care, complies with
company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports
the advancement of our business strategy. The LPN champions a
positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion,
Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates. Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspire caregiver team to provide excellent resident care and
achieve operational excellence and census goals and financial
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated
behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents,
families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies,
vendors and third-party providers.
- Proactively lead and oversee caregivers in accordance with
company expectations and local, state and federal standards and
regulations. Asist in readying associates and community for
inspection by regulatory agencies through regular quality
assessments, completing corrective actions, accurate and current
record keeping practices, policy compliance, emergency
- Effectively identify, investigate, navigate and resolve
resident, employee, management and operational issues.
- Network, recruit, select, train and develop talent and ensure
appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Ensure proper record keeping practices for caregiver team
including certifications, scheduling and training.
- Meet with prospective families or residents, coordinate
resident move-in's and facilitate new resident orientations.
- Conduct resident assessments prior to admission and on an
on-going basis to ensure the physical, mental, psychological,
social and spiritual needs of each resident are met. Update
resident service agreements as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and complete services plans, medication
records and files for each resident.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment
through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and
safe work practices.
- May serve as on-call contact on a rotating basis. Education and
- 1+ years of experience in a senior living or related industry
supervisory or leadership role.
- Must hold state required active healthcare licensure and
acceptable record (LPN).
- 1+ years of experience providing care to cognitive and
memory-care residents or patients preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to provide resident
transportation and/or serve alcoholic beverages at community
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
record. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups
including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at
various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team that champions a culture of
Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and
advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving
emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion
- Possess operational knowledge of all departments of a senior
living community including operations, sales and marketing, dining
services, life enrichment, environmental services, maintenance,
human resources, etc.
- Ability to manage detailed, complex concepts and problems and
make sound decisions regarding residents, families, associates or
other administrative issues.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of business software
programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Work Environment
Work takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a
computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place
in the outdoor environment. Position may also involve exposure to
latex, infections and communicable diseases. Physical Requirements
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move
equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
intermittently throughout the day.
Keywords: Orchard Pointe, Glendale , LPN, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!