Company: Glendale Fire Department
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This is the third level in the administrative support series.
Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative activities
in support of a department, division or multiple programs. May
manage executive calendars, monitor and track program and/or
divisional budgets, create reports and documents, prepare agendas
and meeting minutes, provide information and reports to the public,
oversees projects of moderate complexity and monitor contracts.
* Coordinates the City Council agenda processes for a department or
division; this includes producing spreadsheets and calendars with
due dates; compiling staff reports and related documents; obtaining
appropriate signatures; coordinating the duplication, collation,
and distribution of agenda packets by deadlines.
* Maintains budget files; tracks, monitors, and reconciles
department or program budget accounts, expenditures, transactions,
and reports; investigates discrepancies; may assist in estimating
expenditures for a program or division.
* Processes and verifies general financial and purchasing functions
and entries which may include purchase requisitions, service
orders, invoices, check requests, and procard reconciliations.
* Serves as administrative support for various committees and
Boards and Commissions; coordinates meetings, prepares agendas,
assembles materials, takes and transcribes minutes; follows up on
* Manages the calendars of the department head and department
management, scheduling appointments and meetings.
* Arranges for meetings including preparation of agenda, attendee
invites, reservation of facilities, hand-out materials, catering,
guest speakers, etc.
* Attends meetings; record, prepare and distribute minutes.
* As requested, oversees projects of moderate complexity,
coordinating efforts and activities with other departments
* Maylead the work of a small number of administrative support
* Responds to inquiries from internal and external customers and
resolves more complicated requests, ensuring customer service
* Reviews and processes requisitions and ensures that content is
accurate and conforms to current policy.
* Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, charts, graphs,
legal documents, marketing materials and brochures, and may assist
in preparing comprehensive reports.
* May receive and collect fees and fines. Ensures the proper
accounting, reporting and tracking of received monies.
* May coordinate and monitor contract renewals and submissionsfor
department, including monitoring approval deadlines, ensuring that
all signatures and approvals are received, routing the contracts
where needed, etc.
* May make travel arrangements and prepare authorizations for
* May prepare Personnel Action forms as needed.
* May assist with grant submission process; may track and monitor
* Answers phones and directs calls; greets visitors as needed.
* Responds to a varied and often complex requests or complaints
from employees or the general public.
* Coordinate with external agencies on various programs and
* Maintains calendar of office/division activities, meetings and
various events; plans, schedules and coordinates appointments,
meetings, interviews, training, special events and meetings among
several departments and/or external organizations.
* Composes, edits and proofreads a variety of documents including
letters, memos, notices, flyers, forms, brochures, newsletters,
agendas and other materials for internal and external use.
* Prepares reports, financial records, contracts, and manuals;
assists in the preparation of quarterly and/or annual reports.
* Conducts research and gathers information from multiple sources
for divisional or department projects.
* Creates, updates, and maintains databases specific to a program,
division or department.
* Attends departmental or citywide meetings; records and
distributes meeting minutes as appropriate.
* Makes travel arrangements as needed for department management and
* Orders, stocks, and distributes office supplies, uniforms, and
equipment for work unit; matches invoices to packing slips and
validates deliveries; resolves any issues with the vendor.
* Establishes, organizes, maintains filing system; scans and
indexes records into electronic document management systems;
performs records retention and destruction.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications/Special Requirements/Success Factors
Threeyears of progressively responsible experience providing
moderately complex administrative support and management
assistance, preferably working in a similar role and
Departmental policies and procedures
Record keeping practices and procedures
Customer service procedures and techniques
Standard office practices and procedures
Budget monitoring and tracking
English spelling, grammar and punctuation
General bookkeeping practices and methods
Typing, word processing, data entry and office machine
Computer operation and applicable software
Plan, organize and prioritize work assignments
Operate computers with an intermediate proficiency in office
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Meet deadlines of multiple competing projects
Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
Perform arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy
Establish and maintain complete and accurate record keeping and
Follow oral and written instructions
Respond to requests and inquiries tactfully and courteously
Gather data and prepare written correspondence and reports
Track, monitor and reconcile budgets
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides
the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
PLEASE NOTE:When certifying your application for the City of
Glendale, you are acknowledging the following statement:
The City does not sponsor any employment-based immigrant visas,
applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis.
Success Factor Classification Level - Foundational
Success FactorsDefinitionsClassification LevelsPersonal
Accountability & IntegrityTakes personal responsibility for the
quality and timeliness of work and in complying with organizational
rules, policies and procedures. Earns others' trust and respect
through consistent honesty and professionalism.Foundational,
Professional/Supervisory, Managerial, ExecutivesTeambuilding &
Collaborative RelationshipsInspires and fosters team commitment,
spirit, pride and trust; develops cooperative working relationships
with others.Foundational, Professional/Supervisory, Managerial,
ExecutivesEffective CommunicationConveys information respectfully,
credibly, and effectively.Foundational, Professional/Supervisory,
Managerial, ExecutivesContinuous Learning & DevelopmentAssesses and
recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; takes initiative in
pursuing self-development and learning to expand skills and
increase knowledge.Foundational, Professional/Supervisory,
Managerial, ExecutivesCommitment to Service ExcellenceStrives to
excel in meeting the needs of both internal and external customers
in a fair and equitable manner. Delivers high-quality services with
a commitment to continuous improvement.Foundational,
Professional/Supervisory, Managerial, ExecutivesInnovationApplies
original thinking in approach to job responsibilities and to
improve processes, methods, systems or services.Foundational,
Professional/Supervisory, Managerial, Executives Physical
Keywords: Glendale Fire Department, Glendale , Management Assistant, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!