Retail Senior Manager
Company: Mattel Adventure Park
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Epic Resort Destinations/Mattel Adventure Park is looking for a
brick-and-mortar retail Subject Matter Expert to lead the design,
build, curation, and operation of the retail program for our newest
project in Glendale Arizona. This is an exciting opportunity to
call upon your breadth of experience in Visual Merchandising,
Buying, and Operational Management to build a world-class retail
operation from the ground-up.The Retail Senior Manager will have
full retail responsibility for Mattel Adventure Park. If you are an
experienced, hard-working, self-starting, customer-obsessed,
fun-loving retail guru who dreams of building and leading a retail
operation that will truly redefine "experiential", please read on!
- Contribute to the design and delivery of retail experiences
that engage visitors, elevate represented brand(s), and maximize
- Curate and deliver a full assortment of branded and non-branded
retail goods, individually curated for each retail outlet to meet
visitor needs and maximize spends.
- Work with key stakeholders at Mattel to deliver a Mattel
product assortment aligned with the needs and wants of visitors to
Mattel Adventure Park and other experiential Retail Outlets.
- Identify partnership and exclusive product opportunities to
enhance the Mattel Adventure Park brand.
- Create the Visual Identity of retail outlets as well as the
Commercial Policies and Procedures to ensure consistent delivery of
the retail experience.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create
shipping, storage, forecasting, and merchandising plans &
procedures which minimize costs, minimize storage needs, and ensure
near 100% In Stock rates at all times. Responsibilities at Opening
- Train store management and sales staff on product
story-telling, merchandising standards, proper fixture utilization
and physical expression of the represented brand(s) within each
- Provide regular and constructive feedback on Visual
Merchandising to Retail Managers and Staff.
- Be regularly present on the sales floor - leading, training,
and executing on visual expectations.
- Maintain a strong focus on, and regularly engage with, the core
customer to ensure that product trends and new introductions meet
their evolving needs and wants.
- Ensure proper compliance on inventory accuracy, cycle counts,
operations reporting, POS procedure compliance, transfer of
merchandise, repair inventory transfer and log, missing assets
reports, merchandise control, etc.
- Create innovative shop promotions to stimulate revenue.
- Develop operational plans, budgets, cost and revenue
projections, pricing, staffing requirements, and schedules for a
365-day a year retail operation.
- Negotiate with manufacturers for incentive programs for volume
- Calculate "Open to Buy" for each retail outlet for soft and
hard goods based on approved budgeted revenue and cost of
- Drive continual innovation and improvement in all processes for
greater efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Ensure strong partnership with Controller and General Managers
to align on budget and monitoring expenses.
- Manage relationships with all vendors from both a systems and
- Consistently analyze performance for each retail outlet to
include: merchandise sales, turnover, quantities sold per category,
revenue per category, inventory levels, cost of sales and vendor
- Ensure all logo use falls within established style
- Market merchandise by studying marketing/sales promotion, and
display plans; analyze operating and financial statements for
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and
- Lead periodic physical inventory counts.
- Ensure that retail operations meet standards for a memorable
guest experience with a keen focus on a well-trained staff that
provides warm, personalized, and engaging service. Qualifications:
- 8+ years brick-and-mortar retail experience - including visual
management, buying, and retail operations.
- 4+ years retail management experience that includes multi-unit
- 3+ years ownership and demonstrated growth of $2.5m+ Retail
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- General subject matter expertise of all-things-retail -
including current & anticipated trends, sourcing of hard & soft
goods, POS & Reporting Systems & Processes, and Loss Prevention.
- Strong understanding of inventory management processes from PO
generation, receiving of inventory, accruals and inventory
- Demonstrated success in successfully managing complex business
- Demonstrated success in opening new outlets from ideation,
budgeted planning and helping to ensure design matches the
financial goals of the new outlet while maintaining the proper
esthetic for 5 Star Service.
- Strong emphasis in customer service.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiating skills are
beneficial for this position.
- Must be dependable and available to work on weekends, nights
and/or holidays based on business demands
- Excellent written/verbal communication, and organizational
- Able to lead and motivate people; excellent interpersonal
skills Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
with co-workers, support departments, and members.
- Professional and personable demeanor Physical Demands: Position
requires walking and standing throughout the day; must be able to
stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting,
walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing. Valid driver's
license or reliable method of transportation to/from work. Sitting
or standing for extended periods of time Ability to carry up to 35
lbs. Talking and listening occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests and co-workers, often in an active
environment with considerable background noise. Vision occurs
continuously with the most common visual functions being those of
near vision and depth perception.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
Keywords: Mattel Adventure Park, Glendale , Retail Senior Manager, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!