Assistant Property Manager
Company: NALS Apartment Homes
Posted on: September 22, 2022
NALS Apartment Homes believes that an apartment is not simply a
place to live, but a place to call home. We embrace opportunities
for personal and professional growth, and encourage our employees
to share their unique skills, local knowledge, and professional
expertise. Our team is the single most important ingredient to our
success, and we seek to foster a work environment as welcoming as
our apartment communities.
We are seeking a motivated individual to help lead our dedicated
team at Sage Stone at Arrowhead Apartments in Glendale,
Our Benefits Package will enable you to do your best work and
create a life you love!
- Starting compensation: $23 an hour
- 30% employee rent discount
- 10+ days of paid time-off in your first year of employment
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, life insurance and disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness programs
- Employee referral program
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- And tons of other great benefits! As the Assistant Manager,
your primary responsibility is to support and aid the Property
Manager in the day-to-day operations of the apartment community by
providing leadership, motivation, and consistent direction to the
on-site staff. In addition:
- Coordinate the responsibilities and activities of the apartment
community employees either under the supervision of, or in the
absence of, the Property Manager. Assist in hiring, training,
supervising, evaluating, and disciplining of leasing staff.
- Accurately prepare daily, weekly, and monthly financial and
leasing reports in a timely manner. Responsible for collection,
posting, and depositing of all rental payments according to company
accounting policies and procedures. Assist in coordinating monthly
newsletter and other marketing strategies.
- Maintain company vendor and payable files. Research and ensure
follow up on outstanding invoices before posting payables. Obtain
required paperwork on new vendors, including, but not limited to,
W-9's and certificates of insurance.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Clearly and
effectively assist current residents with concerns and needs,
approve or reject resident applications based on established
guidelines, ensure follow-up activity with new and existing
residents in a professional manner in order to establish and
maintain positive resident relations, and attend resident functions
unless supervisor directs otherwise.
- Assist with leasing duties as needed. Tour community with
prospective residents, lease apartments, and notify applicants on
status of pending applications.
- Handle all aspects of past resident collections including but
not limited to payment arrangements, mail out follow up letters,
and forwarding all past due accounts to collections.
- Prepare SDR's on a weekly basis. Accurately determine charges
to resident's accounts using the Property's Move-out Charges
Summary. Notify residents in writing within local law timeframe of
move-out for charges owed or deposit refund.
- Accurate and timely preparation of the following letters to
residents according to the following schedule (dates and notices
may vary depending on applicable state laws): (a) 6th - Initial
Late Notice (b) 8th - Rent increase notice for resident's not yet
renewed (c) 11th - Second late notices/notification of lien or
lockout (d) 15th - 3-day notice to vacate, electric bills.
- Walk the property weekly.
- Maintain the appearance of the apartment community according to
established standards on a daily basis. Inspect grounds, models,
and leasing office for eye appeal and marketability. Notify
residents in writing for lease violations in regards to barbecues,
storage of non-approved items on balconies and patios, parking
violations, noise violations, etc.
- Analyze and monitor the community market conditions in order to
anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the
profitability of the apartment community.
- Complete quality control as directed by supervisor.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as
- Minimum 1+ year(s) of experience in property management,
preferably as an Assistant Manager.
- This position requires the ability to deal with residents,
prospects, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Must possess demonstrable and verifiable skills associated with
sales, clerical, supervisory, human relations, and
- Should be competent with Microsoft Office and basic computer
- Must possess good telephone/communication skills.
- Capable of walking up and down stairs to inspect and show
- Lifting up to 25 pounds. If more than 25 pounds are to be
lifted, employee shall seek assistance from the maintenance
department. To learn more about our communities and team culture,
follow us on facebook and Instagram!
Keywords: NALS Apartment Homes, Glendale , Assistant Property Manager, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!