Senior Manager, Finance - Supply Chain
Company: Applebee's Restaurants LLC.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Senior Manager, Finance - Supply Chain is a key role within
the Finance team providing exposure to multiple levels of the
organization and across several functional groups. This is an
exciting opportunity to be in a visible and strategic role and make
a tangible and meaningful impact on the business. The position will
work closely with the Finance, Marketing, Quality Assurance and
Culinary and Operations teams, and suppliers, and provide valuable
and actionable insights, guidance to make strategic pricing and
vendor/product decisions, identify opportunities to optimize
profitability. This opportunity involves extensive interaction with
vendors to negotiate pricing and terms and assess, propose and
implement to margin improvement initiatives.
- Key responsibility for forecasting and budgeting product
revenues, cost of goods sold including product and volume mix of
proprietary IHOP products
- Develop and manage relationships with 4-5 key suppliers,
including negotiation of agreements to deliver favorable terms,
service level standards and pricing
- Develop and drive pricing optimization and margin improvement
strategies for proprietary IHOP products
- Identify and drive cost reduction initiatives such as
evaluation of alternate suppliers, adjustments to packaging specs,
substitution of key inputs/ingredients without impacting quality
and taste attributes
- Perform detailed financial analysis of periodic supplier cost
adjustments and propose appropriate pricing to maximize margins.
Conduct regular audit of pricing changes (against contractual terms
and benchmark commodity indices) submitted by suppliers. Track
product pricing, margins, delivery performance and other success
- Maintain proper documentation of underlying processes,
procedures, and auditable data
- Evaluate and coordinate potential commodity hedging or bulk
purchase opportunities through suppliers
- Manage product inventory at distribution centers and supplier
facilities. Work with supplier and internal teams (QA and
accounting) to maintain or adjust minimum inventory levels based on
volume forecasts in adherence with established inventory practices.
Adjust supplier production schedules as necessary. Deliver goal of
zero product shortage / obsolescence
- Partner closely with Quality Assurance, Marketing, Operations,
Culinary and Dine Brands' Purchasing Cooperative Teams on
development of new products and partnerships as they relate to
supply chain and distribution matters. This includes sourcing,
pricing, testing and roll out of new products
- Partner with VP, Treasury & Finance and senior management with
ad-hoc strategic initiatives Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain,
Business or related discipline.
- Preferred qualifications: MBA or other Master's degree.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Finance, FP&A or Supply Chain
experience, with comprehensive knowledge of key finance concepts,
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts such as purchasing, pricing,
inventory management and logistics will be a strong plus but not
- Prior experience managing relationships with suppliers, and
working with internal legal and finance teams, and centralized
purchasing groups/cooperatives will be a plus.
- Prior experience preparing presentation materials for senior
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple
projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership, communication and inter-personal
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience with MicroStrategy, Hyperion (Essbase) and/or PeopleSoft
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast
paced, complex environment.
Keywords: Applebee's Restaurants LLC., Glendale , Senior Manager, Finance - Supply Chain, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!