Director of Operations
Company: Barron Lighting Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About this role: Barron Lighting Group is a leader in
manufacturing and marketing its comprehensive line of lighting
solutions for commercial and industrial applications. We're looking
to grow our business with innovative people who can contribute to
our company culture and vision. The Director of Operations role in
Glendale, AZ is a vital roll up your sleeves leadership role at
Barron committed to supporting growth and strategy by overseeing
and managing all aspects of Operations (manufacturing, planning,
purchasing, inventory, and warehouse) on daily basis. As the
Director of Operations, you will direct and coordinate all
activities related to the scheduling, purchasing, fabrication,
finishing, assembly, warehousing, and shipping of finished goods.
The role will be responsible to coordinate the continuous
improvement of activities; develop employees by expanding their
skills & knowledge, enhancing a culture of disciplined execution &
accuracy of information. You will also ensure plant and warehouse
capacity meets or exceeds sales forecast. The Director of
Operations will be responsible for direct reports of planning,
purchasing, warehouse and production supervisors and hourly staff
of over 30 employees and the activities of 12 U.S. warehouses.What
makes this exciting:RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify gaps between the sales plan and current purchasing,
planning, production and warehouse capabilities and capacity and
develop plans with peers to have the right resources in place to
meet the plan
- Manage vendor relationships including pricing, terms and
contractual relationships that cover quality and delivery
expectations. Prepare vendor scorecards and review performance at
least annually for critical vendors.
- Perform vendor site visits in US and overseas to qualify new
vendor relationships and deepen existing relationships.
- Participate in Research and Development activities to expand
and improve the products and processes of Barron.
- Create, review, and submit to the CFO for approval annual
operating budgets, manpower and facilities requirements
- Evaluate the performance of all Operations team members and
assess organizational fit, identify opportunities for improvement &
ensure the development of future leaders. Prepare annual reviews of
direct reports and assist direct reports in completing and
delivering reviews on time.What you bring to our
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations
Management or Equivalent required.
- 5 years' experience in the role of Director of Operations
- 5 years' experience related to manufacturing and/or
manufacturing engineering required.
- 3 years' experience with process improvement and project
- 3 years' experience as a manager of people in a manufacturing
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Glendale, AZ to be
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally
around 20% of the time.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt a plus!WORKING
CONDITIONS: Working conditions are normal for an office. This
position could have possible exposure to moving mechanical parts,
fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of
electrical shock, explosives, risk of radiation and vibration.
Protective clothing or equipment may be required including gloves,
helmets, steel-toes boots, and protective eyewear.COVID-19
Considerations: The health and safety of our team is our top
priority in our facility. We continue to consult with medical and
health experts and take all recommended precautions in our
facility.Why Barron Lighting Group:Barron Lighting Group in
Glendale, Arizona has over 47 years of experience manufacturing and
marketing high quality lighting products. Our deep-rooted core
value of service and providing satisfaction for customers, vendors
and employees has led to significant growth and success. At Barron,
we believe our employees are most important and instrumental in our
success. It is our desire to create an amazing place to work where
employees feel a part of the team, empowered, valued, heard,
respected, and happy to come to work every day. This is the Barron
Way!Barron Lighting Group offers competitive salaries, ongoing
training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Great company culture!
- Genuine work/life balance.
- Employee Reward Program
- Profit Sharing 401(k) Employer Match
- Benefit Package: BlueCross BlueShield Medical with FSA & HRA
options, Dental and Vision Plans
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans /
Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative
action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Barron Lighting Group, Glendale , Director of Operations, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!