Executive Director, International Labor Standards
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Posted on: January 13, 2022
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible.
We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology
and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our
movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media
networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that
delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the
The Executive Director, International Labor Standards is
responsible for managing the global, enterprise-wide international
labor standards program for the Company. This role provides input
into the direction and development of a cohesive supply chain
compliance function comprised of international labor standards, raw
materials traceability, supply chain mapping, conflict minerals,
and other supply chain compliance functions. The Executive Director
operationalizes standards within International Labor Standards and
is a leader optimizing department processes through the use of a
state-of-the-art compliance platform. Additionally, this executive
role will apply subject matter expertise to compliance, policy
discussions, and supporting integrated stakeholder engagement
across the supply chain compliance domain.
- Create and execute innovative supply chain social
responsibility strategies in close partnership with the VP, Global
Product and Labor Standards.
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight for global,
enterprise-wide international labor standards program.
- Manage a large, regionally based international team. Contribute
to the five-year plans and manage the annual International Labor
Standards operating budget.
- Partner closely with internal colleagues, including the Global
Public Policy team, to ensure a unified stakeholder engagement
approach to supply chain compliance matters.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the assessment of emerging
industry issues and the interpretation of program policies to new
and acquired businesses.
- Work closely with internal business segments, Legal, Corporate
Communications and licensees/vendors to address violations and
public allegations involving Disney, in partnership with the VP,
Global Product and Labor Standards.
- Provide guidance and input to internal and external
communications and training strategies including public disclosures
and crisis management in partnership with Public Policy and
- Contribute subject matter expertise as it relates to policy
development and execution.
- Partner with business units and legal to negotiate contract
provisions relating to ILS.
- Identify and address the risks associated with the The Walt
Disney Company products and vendors, both vertical and licensed
Basic Qualifications :
- Ideal candidate will have approximately 8-10 years of
experience in corporate social responsibility or other
compliance-related work preferably with specific experience in
ethical sourcing or labor standards at an international level, with
executive leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate social responsibility,
ethical sourcing and labor rights issues and reporting.
- Experience leveraging data to predict and draw conclusions
about supply chain compliance trends.
- Experience in licensing, consumer products, global supply
chains, manufacturing and distribution and operational
- Experience in factory monitoring program development and
- Experience managing and leading international teams and
managing complex budgets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience influencing key stakeholders, both internal and
- High integrity
- Experience in complex, multi-national company.
- Experience in contract negotiations.
- Experience in raw materials traceability
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management software
Required Education :
- Four-Year degree in corporate social responsibility-related
field, international relations or supply chain management, or
equivalent professional experience.
Preferred Education :
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Glendale , Executive Director, International Labor Standards, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!