Director of Customer Success, Schools Division
Company: Age of Learning, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Director of Customer Success, Schools Division Age of Learning
is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale,
California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals
comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts,
developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers,
product managers,--analysts--and marketing experts! Together we
develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content
to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong
success. Our flagship product ABCmouse.com --Early Learning
Academy--is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital
learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million
children worldwide have completed over 7 billion Learning
Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the
first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically
to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It
features thousands of engaging Learning Activities-including
minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and
more-in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning
programs include immersive English language learning products for
children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and
literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive
digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for
every child through AI-driven technology. We are committed to
helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs
at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and
other community organizations, and have served millions of children
through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of
Learning Foundation to expand this work globally. As we expand our
global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs,
we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders
to become a part of our growing team. Summary: Over the past
decade, Age of Learning products have been proven to improve
learning outcomes and are loved by millions of families and kids.
As a well-funded and profitable private company with a seasoned
leadership team, Age of Learning invests in developing innovative
education solutions to further its mission of helping kids
everywhere achieve academic success. To date, Age of Learning's
primary business model has been providing subscription products to
parents at home. Over the past five years, the company has made
significant investments in patented personalized mastery learning
products that we believe can drive significant learning outcomes in
schools. Age of Learning is seeking to add to its leadership team a
Director of Customer Success (reporting to the General Manager,
Schools Division), who will be the advocate for Customer Success,
thus assuring the success of this new division.-- The successful
candidate will be responsible for driving customer success with Age
of Learning schools products and services across the end-to-end
customer journey. This position will support purchasing objectives,
establish school, school district, and state-level relationships,
and develop data-driven processes that align with customer needs
and provide early warning for potential issues and opportunities.
This position will also cultivate and protect existing revenue
streams while identifying opportunities to upsell new products.--
Partnering closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Tech, and the
Brand/Customer Support teams, the head of Customer Success will
deliver a results-focused approach to customer success while
building organizational capacity in this area.--
- Develop and manage a multi-year Customer Success plan for
- Partner with Sales and Services teams to optimize the speed to
value in product implementations.
- Develop efficient and effective processes to assure successful
product pilots and pilot conversions to paid engagements.--
- Develop internal--Customer Success Dashboards within
Salesforce.com to provide internal stakeholders transparency into
the customer success journey, and to evaluate Age of Learning
- Create market-leading, customer-facing dashboards to ensure
transparency at the classroom, school, and district level.
- Develop best practices for Customer Success to maximize and
optimize the customer's product usage.
- Develop and enhance cross-functional proactive processes that
touch the customer journey from implementation through renewal,
differentiating processes as appropriate for different customer
- Manage and track the performance of renewal in and
upsell/cross-sell to new Age of Learning products for existing
- Manage and track customer satisfaction and net promoter score
for existing customers.
- Identify and take action on at-risk customers, collaborating
with other business units as necessary to present a unified
- Serve as the primary business liaison for customers, providing
connections to internal Age of Learning resources as
- Utilize a strong understanding of customer strategy and
organizational structure to develop and articulate value
proposition around using Age of Learning products and
- Communicate status of key account issues regularly with GM
- Develop feedback systems that enable constant improvements in
customer experience. This includes developing numerous listening,
monitoring, and measurement methods. Communicating the voice of the
customer to internal constituents. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years end-to-end customer
success management experience in the education industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer usage/engagement
metrics and obtain successful customer success outcomes.
- Ability to diagnose common customer needs and issues, and to
translate those needs into actionable solutions.
- Experience optimizing and delivering customer implementation
- Experience building and executing customer rollout plans.
- Strong demonstrated education service-delivery experience.
- Ability to work as a key member of a cross-functional
organization, providing leadership and mentoring to
less-experienced members of the team.
- Ability to use a structured customer-success methodology, and
to identify gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Excellent active listening and executive communication
- A high degree of professionalism and proven ability to interact
with education stakeholders. We Provide: Highly competitive PTO
policy Casual Dress Code Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+
games) Frequent team and company outings Limitless opportunities
for professional growth!
Keywords: Age of Learning, Inc., Glendale , Director of Customer Success, Schools Division, Executive , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!