Quality Engineer / Specialist Glendale AZ
Company: Magellan Aerospace
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position Summary Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting
opportunity for a Quality Engineer / Specialist. The successful
incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that products and
services meet all contractual requirements, while increasing yield
and lowering costs of poor quality (e.g. scrap and rework). The
Quality Engineer / Specialist will be involved in various stages of
casting manufacturing. This includes process planning, inspection
and test methodology, control of nonconforming material, issue
resolution and product acceptance.Perks and Benefits We offer a
full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your
first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is
offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is
available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company
paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.Essential
- Work directly with internal and external customers to
understand all technical requirements and oversee the manufacturing
- Work directly with external Customer's requirements and
programs-APQP, Product Verification, Process Improvement,
Specifications and other program and part number specific
- Participate in the development of failure mode and effects
analysis (FMEA) and associated control plans.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings and related
- Obtain and function as Designated Quality Rep (DQR) for various
- Perform defect analysis and work with the different functions
to facilitate Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Drive continuous process improvement to increase yield, and
reduce costs of poor-quality (including scrap and rework).
- Provide training to shop floor personnel and support functions
- Perform other duties as assigned by Magellan Aerospace Glendale
- Minimum 4 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing
process/production floor support, in a Quality
Engineering/Specialist or similar function.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or technical discipline
- Experience facilitating and performing effective root cause
- Experience with sand casting processes is highly
- Experience with First Article Inspection process, interpreting
engineering drawings, and applying Geometric Dimension and
- American Society for Quality (ASQ), Six Sigma Black Belt and/or
Lean Certification preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Customer Service Focused
- Detail OrientedCOVID-19 Protocol: Magellan Aerospace is
committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our
employees. Magellan's policy states that the use of face masks is
mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and
guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All
employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for
COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at
all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily
accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on
a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and
encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a
requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers
of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect
to changes in legislation.InclusivenessMagellan Aerospace is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
Keywords: Magellan Aerospace, Glendale , Quality Engineer / Specialist Glendale AZ, Engineering , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!