Senior Welding Engineer
Company: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Location : GLENDALE, AZ, United States
Job Family : Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Dec 16, 2020
Job ID : 19354
Job Description Apply Now > Save Job With annual sales of $14.3
billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading
diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and
systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide
variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company
has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has
increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63
consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running
dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
- Develop and approve welding and/ or brazing techniques,
procedures and applications of associated equipment in the
- Monitor and troubleshoot weld and vacuum braze issues and
support process yield improvement efforts.
- Prepare and evaluate metallurgical samples to validate process
for production implementation.
- Provide technical guidance related to welding and metallurgy to
design, manufacturing and quality engineers as well as
manufacturing floor associates and supervisors.
- Work with the Quality team to create and coordinate testing
activities and reporting requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise on welding and heat
treatment related issues to the Manufacturing Engineering
- Work with Engineering and Operations to develop and test new
welding methods, processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Product Engineers in the design and
development of new products.
- Work with Manufacturing and Engineering to determine potential
applications for welding for future technology savings to meet
- Develop procedures and work instructions related to the welding
process based on best practice methods.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities to improve
throughput and machine uptime.
- Lead structured problem solving events to improve first pass
- Select and document appropriate welding equipment and
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate activities,
eliminate problems and facilitate work flow.
- As a subject matter expert, conduct training in welding related
- Engage in welding industry to evaluate new developments in the
welding field for possible application
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Materials Sciences,
Metallurgy or other related technical field with a focus on
welding/heat treatment preferred.
- 7-9 years of related experience
- Extensive experience with weld and surface treatment processes,
surface treatment technology, and applications engineering.
- Detailed understanding of gas tungsten arc welding/tungsten
inert gas process and variables.
- Knowledgeable in production specifications, properties and
characteristics of stainless steel and high nickel alloys.
- Experience with electron beam (EB) welding preferred.
- Detailed understanding of vacuum brazing and its
variables.Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race,
ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. U.S.
Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor")If
you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
as an applicant under the law, please go to
Keywords: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP, Glendale , Senior Welding Engineer, Engineering , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!