CLASS Head Coach
Company: CLASS UFC GYM GLENDALE
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY:The CLASS Head Coach is
responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience both
personally and through Coach supervision. Head Coaches are
responsible for delivering an exceptional member and guest
experience. As needed, they address member concerns, employee
relations issues, and oversee scheduling and time-keeping
activities. Head Coaches share responsibility for the successful
attainment of studio goals. The Head Coach is also responsible for
managing all Coaches and creating a fun and productive work
environment through collaboration and personally demonstrating the
proper behaviors.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESStaffing and
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop a strong team of coaches and
future CLASS Head Coaches.
- Maintain a fully engaged and high performing team that aligns
with studio, culture, values, and goals. Club Administration
- Manage the coaches' schedule to ensure all classes are taught
by best coaches and all external marketing events are properly
- Provide consistent feedback and coaching to improve Coach
skillset and overall member experience.
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the Coaches to review
performance, offer direction, and motivation and guidance toward
achieving personal and studio goals.
- Handle member service matters. Mediate member issues and
complaints in a timely and effective manner, elevating concerns to
the Studio Manager or Franchise Partner when appropriate.
- Conduct facility walk-throughs daily. Alert the Studio Manager
or Franchise Partner of maintenance needs.
- Ensure compliance of operational procedures in the studio, and
monitors studio systems and employee performance.
- Accurately and promptly record hours worked through time and
- Identify and contributes to the success of external events in
the local market place to promote the CLASS brand.Class Instruction
- Start and end class on time, as scheduled.
- Greet guests in a friendly and positive manner, while following
the "First Day of CLASS" protocol.
- Deliver a premium fitness experience by following the
expectations set forth by CLASS.
- Properly prepare for each class by choosing appropriate music,
rehearsing the workout template, and preparing the studio layout
prior to teaching each class.
- Lead each class by demonstrating each exercise, performing the
workout along with the participants, incorporating use of cueing,
tempo, and safe transitional movements from one exercise to
another, and any necessary modifications for participants.
- Instruct group exercise format according to class schedule and
adhere to company standards.
- Educate participants' on proper form, anatomy, and modification
of movements when needed.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and proper usage of exercise
equipment used during the class.
- Consistently recognize participants efforts in a positive and
- Monitor participation and make corrections and modifications
- Provide the Studio Manager and Franchise Partner with
constructive feedback to improve the member experience.Quality
- Arrive on time, in uniform, conduct necessary set-up, and post
class duties. Start and end class as scheduled.
- Greet members warmly and enthusiastically and build rapport
- Answer questions and maintain a positive exercise
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior, and
attitude toward responsibilities.
- Maintain productive, professional, and collaborative
relationships with studio partners and other coaches.
- Encourage long-term and consistent participation with all
members and guests.
- Store all equipment neatly and appropriately. Report any
equipment or safety issues to Management.
- Promote classes using studio social media and other forms of
- Operate studio equipment including the stereo sound system,
microphone, timer, workout display, and room lighting.
- Secure substitute instructors for assigned shifts that cannot
- Attend, contribute, and participate in all on going training
and education provided by the studio or CLASS.
- Participate in revenue generating activities, including but not
limited to: promoting classes, special events, etc.
- Make any necessary announcements after each class and encourage
each member to bring referrals.
- Maintain a minimum required class attendance, as determined by
Studio Manager or Franchise Partner.ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The
CLASS Head Coach reports directly to the Head Coach and interacts
with club management, members, and staff.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:1)
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and general understanding
of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies, the
incorporation of music, tempo, cuing technique, and rhythm.
- Must possess a high degree of energy and endurance to complete
each fitness class and must be physically fit to lead class at the
- Understanding of boxing/kickboxing, boot camp and group
training class models preferred.
- Ability to deal with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to communicate and connect with people of all age
groups and fitness levels.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to
participants and correct participants' exercises where
- Ability to provide clear instruction and modifications when
- Must be physically able to successfully complete the CLASS
Coach Certification2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Recommended minimum 2 years of related experience
- Recommended minimum 1 year of management experience
- Current Group Fitness approved certification from organization
recognized by UFC GYM; , nationally accredited fitness
- Current CPR/AED certification
- High school diploma or GED3) Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy
weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged
standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move
up to 45 lbs.This position description intends to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and
responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities
are listed is not significant.CLASS UFC GYM GLENDALE is
independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application
will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will
be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about
employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the
franchisee, and not to UFC Gym Corporate.
Keywords: CLASS UFC GYM GLENDALE, Glendale , CLASS Head Coach, Education / Teaching , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!