Information Management Analyst Senior (Risk Reporting and Analytics)(Remote Work Available)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking an Information Management Analyst
Senior (Risk Reporting and Analytics) for our Plano, TX, San
Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC facility or
can be 100% Remote.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative,
and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the
best of both worlds collaborating in-person in the office and
working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The
actual days onsite are settled between each employee and the
If remote: Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for
training and/or meetings
This role may be responsible for one or more information management
function noted below: Metadata includes defining and detailing data
ensuring the information is understood. This may include working
with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or
continue maintenance of the metadata. Data Quality includes
defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted.
This may include working with project teams to define data quality
requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data
quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and
purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing
corporate risk. Data Security and Privacy includes handling the
security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in
compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This
may include working with other groups to ensure compliance to GLBA,
FCRA, PCI DSS, etc. Master Data and Reference Data includes
handling key corporate data to ensure the organization can run its
operations with accurate and consistent information.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA Risk
ManagementUSAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk
Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It
is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management
organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals,
working across all lines of business across USAA operations
(banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth
first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the
ability to be a part of USAAs noble mission every day. We stand
behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.Primary
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages advance data management knowledge in support of one
or many of the information management practices. This person may be
acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with
expertise for the information steward as needed.
- Tasks include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Lead discussions with multi-functional teams.
- Align standard methodologies and tools based on business
- Responsible for the update of Information Asset Inventories and
validation to ensure data and assets are classified
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with
Information Governance standards and data management
- Integrate Information Management practices into existing
processes including ability to incorporate data management
practices into new and emerging information technologies.
- Review and validate metadata repository and metadata
association. Improve metadata to add additional value to the
- Support Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure
complete end to end data flow of critical data.
- Review, validate, and record data quality information including
data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for
data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks
including data quality plan development, implementing data quality
rule checks, supervising data quality results, reports and
dashboards, as appropriate.
- Identify and maintain data quality corrective action
- Support compliance assessment process by reviewing and
detailing failures from data quality compliance assessment
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks.
Find opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual data
- Recommend Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to
align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Build and maintain reference data in accordance to defined
processes and procedures.
- Handle quality and maintenance of master data as it is
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes in
steward capacity as needed.
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging
activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Support compliance assessment process by identifying and
calling out items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to
define and implement Access Management strategies in alignment with
Information Governance policies in a Steward capacity.
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of
- Ensure compliance and remediation of critical data in
accordance to defined policies and processes as a steward.When you
apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Science subject area; OR 4
years of related data and analytics or technical experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience (10 years if no degree) in
an information management practice, business application function,
or data delivery; OR If Advanced degree in a Business or Science
subject area, 4 years of experience in data and analytics,
technical, or business relevant function.
- Proven experience applying data management practices and tools
to address data management risks and concerns during data
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Demonstrated ability to build business knowledge through
meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor through
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts of analysis and resolution
of problems or issues; identifies when and how to raise problems to
the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information / data and research
to recommend information management initiatives that meet business
- Proven experienced communication skills with the ability to
deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise
presentation of complex technical details.Preferred Experience:
- Large financial institution experience with Data Quality and
Data Validation methodology
- Knowledge and experience using Information Governance Catalog
(IGC) and Information Analyzer (IA) or similar Information
Management tools and technology
- Demonstrates skills in understanding and remediating data
discrepancies, identifying data anomalies, and performing root
- Experience with addressing ambiguity, draw references, and
anticipate additional inquiries and requirements
- Extensive experience recording data lineage from source to
target reporting, including existing controls/quality checks and
detecting gaps/opportunities across data migration
- Solid experience in developing analytical queries and
automation procedures in SQL and Python
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, is a
plusCompensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $88,200 - $158,900 *(this does not include geographical
differential, it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: Will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.Required
Keywords: USAA, Glendale , Information Management Analyst Senior (Risk Reporting and Analytics)(Remote Work Available), Advertising , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!