Digital Member Service Representative
Company: L A Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Job Summary / Description
LAFCU's Digital Branch Member Service Representative provides
excellent service to Members and Non-Members remotely via the
Digital Branch. Promotes credit union products and services to
build relationships. Processes online membership/loan applications
and is responsible for performing operational support for all
services available via the Digital channel. This position is a full
time position and reports to the Digital Branch Manager. This may
be a hybrid remote position, depending on successful completion of
the 90-day review and training, as well as meeting job
productivity/expectations and IT security requirements.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Delivers excellent member service by phone or email to Members
and Non-Members alike, with a professional and pleasant attitude at
- Assists members in all areas relating to their financial needs
per their request(s); includes: responding to questions, performing
limited transaction requests, resolving complaints, etc. according
to policy and procedures.
- Processes new memberships, additional share accounts, savings
services, online consumer loan requests and general online consumer
loan funding's as requested by Members and Non-Members.
- Provide internal staff support for escalated member issues
related to Online/Mobile Banking services.
- Assists members with checking accounts, statement inquiries,
home banking inquiries, and fraudulent inquiries.
- Provides consultative services to Members and Non-Members
regarding credit union products and services by assessing their
needs, addressing their concerns and gaining agreement.
- Process member's requests for new loans, refinancing, advances
on existing lines of credit, marketing loans and services, making
loan recommendations, providing financial counseling, assisting
with credit monitoring/scoring programs.
- Refers loans that are outside one's authority to approve or
recommend for denial to a loan underwriter, as appropriate, with a
recommendation. Recommend a counter offer to all qualified
- Funds and/or close loans from the Consumer Loan Department or
any other branch along with proper loan instructions and
documentation, this may include utilizing DocuSign to assist member
with signing loan documents timely.
- Encourages and makes recommendations to members to apply for
applicable loan products such as real estate, equity loans, HELOCs,
auto pre-approvals, overdraft/signature loans.
- Offers credit insurance products, mechanical breakdown, GAP
insurance, and the services of the auto buying service to all
eligible members utilizing internet access.
- Informs members of current promotions.
- Ensures members receive current dividend rates. Requires
knowledge of dividend calculations, dividend forfeitures, and
minimum balance requirements.
- Ensures minimum loan exceptions on a monthly basis and audit
current closed consumer loans prior to forwarding for imaging.
- Provides financial counseling with members and recommend debt
consolidation, step- loan, and work-out loans when applicable.
- Resolves member concerns regarding discrepancies and delinquent
- Exercises strong oral and written communication skills to
explain Credit Union policies and to resolve basic member concerns
in a professional and personable manner.
- Utilizes working knowledge of credit union savings and checking
products and related services. Also utilizes basic knowledge of
membership criteria, online banking and other digital services
provided by the credit union. Knowledge and skills required
including required systems, policies, procedures, etc. Provides
support by cross-training/sharing their knowledge with others as
- Completes documentation for transaction(s) on accounts
according to credit union procedures.
- Performs various file maintenance, within authorization limits,
including processing requests for a change of address, check
orders, and ordering debit cards, etc. Includes setup of Touch
Tel-24 and Online Banking, reporting lost/stolen identification,
debit card and Visa credit cards.
- Performs research on accounts, identifies and corrects Member
account issues; within authorization/permission level
- Performs other requested tasks and miscellaneous
functions/duties as assigned by Leads and/or Department
Qualifications & Opportunities
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years' experience in banking operations.
- One-year new accounts and one year loan interviewing,
processing and funding experience in a financial institution
- Strong technical abilities related to online products and
- Knowledge of Episys (Symitar) and MeridianLink.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing. Ability to learn and navigate new software
- The desire for helping members online through a wide variety of
- To work collaboratively with other people and departments and
to place priority on teamwork and communication to maintain high
levels of member service and productivity.
- The minimum and maximum base salary range for this position is
$23.91 to $34.95 in California.
- The target starting base hourly rate is between $23.91 to
- This compensation and benefits information is based on Los
Angeles Federal Credit Union's good faith estimate as of the date
of publication and may be modified in the future.
- The starting base salary within the range will depend on a
variety of factors that may include relevant prior experience
and/or education, or skills and expertise.
LAFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Keywords: L A Federal Credit Union, Glendale , Digital Member Service Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...