VP, Internal Audit for large publicly traded Real Estate/REIT/Retail company
Company: Crelate, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
VP, Internal Audit for large publicly traded Real
Estate/REIT/Retail company Vertical Careers, Inc. - Glendale, CA
Vice President, Internal Audit *Executive Leadership Level unlike
the banking world *Big 4 or Tier 2 CPA public accounting with mix
of private sector within large publicly traded companies
preferred-- Company: Our partner client is a publicly held Real
Estate Services - REIT company that operates in over 2000 locations
in the United States and Europe. They are a member of the S&P
500 and FT Global 500 and publicly trade on the New York Stock
Exchange.Location: Glendale, CA (relocation offered) Position: VP
of Internal AuditSalary: up to $300K or more total comp-- Company--
is searching for an experienced Vice President, Internal Audit, to
be responsible for the hands on management of the Internal Audit
function. Reporting administratively to the Chief Legal Officer and
functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees, the
Vice President, Internal Audit, will be responsible for providing
assurance that the Company's established operational and financial
practices- and the related internal controls- are designed and
operating effectively. The VP, Internal Audit will ensure that all
audit work conforms to the Internal Audit Services Charter and
external standards governing the practice of internal auditing. The
right candidate will have a demonstrated record of successfully
managing Internal Audit functions in large, publicly held
companies. They will have a proven track record of exceptional
communication and partnership with key stakeholders, effective use
of data and analytics, and a practical approach to solving business
- Develop a strategic and risk based audit model and plans to
insure the company is moving its controls and policies to the next
- Ensure that the audit process is fair, effective, timely, and
efficient, and that the audit team acts not only as auditors, but
also as consultants assisting clients as "subject matter experts"
- Oversee and develop highly effective and engaged corporate and
field audit teams.
- Leverage technology and data to optimize and maximize the
effectiveness of the internal audit process.
- Ensure appropriate escalation of audit failures and follow-up
through to remediation.
- Uphold the current direct assistance (SAS No 65) model whereby
the Company's external audit firm relies on the Internal Audit
department for assistance in auditing the Company's financial
- Partner with key stakeholders, including our VP Compliance, in
evaluating prospective changes to controls and processes.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Audit
- Lead investigations and special projects.
- Partner with Legal, HR and Compliance functions on the
investigation of whistle blower complaints and other matters.
- Assist in the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting,
finance, or related field. CPA (active or inactive) is required,
additional certifications such as CISA, CIA, CFE are strongly
- 8+ years of prior experience in the top Internal Audit role in
organizations of at least similar size and complexity to
- 2+ years of public accounting experience from Big 4 or Tier
2/National CPA firms
- Strong working knowledge of the International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing effective,
risk-based auditing programs and in fostering a strong culture of
policy compliance and ethical behavior.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and strategic planning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability
to communicate and work effectively with the Company's trustees,
executive officers, and other team members.
- High integrity and strong moral and ethical code.
- Great progressive track record and tenure: NO job hoppers
Posted On: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Compensation: up to $300K or more total comp Tagged: San Gabriel
Valley VP, Internal Audit Real Estate Big 4 CPA Retail Public
Company Big 8 CPA Los Angeles CPA-CIA VP, Accounting REIT Eva Chiu
has over 15 years of specialized staffing and recruitment
expertise. Eva is known for her energy, enthusiasm and passion for
connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Her
dedication to providing the highest quality service to both clients
and candidates is one of her strongest attributes. Prior to
Vertical Careers, Eva spent nearly 10 years with one of the
nation's largest specialized staffing firms first, as an account
manager, and then as an executive recruiter specializing in
accounting and finance professionals, achieving numerous accolades,
- Rookie of the Year 2005 (Executive Recruiter)
- Southern California Executive Recruiter of The Year 2006
- Platinum Club 2006, 2008 & 2010 (Top 5%) Apply to this job
- Fact Gathering Questions
- Please provide the following for the last 3 employers:1. Sales
Revenue & # of employees2. Structure of dept & # of direct
reports3. ERP Systems used and involvement in conversions if any4.
Reason for leaving/looking *
- What license/certificate(s) do you have and Active or
- What foreign languages do you speak & level of proficiency?
- How many years of Supervisory exp do you have, max # of direct
reports & what are they? *
- What's your management/leadership style? *
- Job Search Criteria
- What's your absolute minimum salary desired? * To calculate
Annual Salary, multiply hourly pay x 2080
- Are you open to interim consulting (Temp, Temp to Hire)? If so,
please provide min hourly rate acceptable. This question only
applies if you're Unemployed, NOT currently working, or expecting a
layoff. Please answer Yes or No + Min Pay.
- What's your max commute parameter? (Please provide time
including traffic and furthest cities North, East, West & South of
where you live so everything in between is an auto "yes") *
- Are you open to relocation? If so, where? *
- What do you look for in your next opportunity? (Please feel
free to be candid as we want to make sure that it's a mutual
Keywords: Crelate, Inc., Glendale , VP, Internal Audit for large publicly traded Real Estate/REIT/Retail company, Accounting, Auditing , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!