Senior Insurance Product Analyst
Company: CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Senior Insurance Product Analyst Job Information While we've
been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment
comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA Members. Through our
commitment to service, growth and people, CSAA Insurance Group will
create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there
when they need us! Are you an experienced Senior Analyst with
strong business acumen, ready to take on more leadership and
provide data-driven insights in a complex environment to influence
strategic initiatives?At CSAA, our State Product Management team is
responsible for the profit and loss of our Auto and Homeowners
personal lines products. We are the experts on our specific markets
and rely on data to identify strategies and execute initiatives to
help us grow our book of business profitably while remaining
competitive. You will be a problem-solver who considers complex
data from multiple sources in order to understand the drivers of
our business results and influence the next steps of action. This
is a fast-paced department where a data analyst with drive and a
thirst for new challenges every day will thrive! A typical day as a
Senior Insurance product analyst includes:
- Leading complex analysis to develop actionable and innovative
recommendations for achieving growth and profitability
- Proactively assessing market risks and opportunities,
evaluating multiple possible solutions, and leveraging data-based
insights to influence the decisions of executive leadership.
- Using tools like SAS, SQL, Microsoft Excel, Essbase to access
and analyze large amounts of data (may also use other tools such as
Tableau, Snowflake, PowerBI, Python, etc.)
- Understanding and reporting on the overall performance and
strategy of personal lines auto and property products in your
- Quantifying catastrophe risk and identifying risk management
- Building annual revenue plans, forecasting results and
explaining variances to these plans.
- Working cross-functionally with partners across the
organization, including Marketing, Actuarial, Finance, and others,
to support the development, design, and implementation of new
products, programs, and processes.
- Delivering effective presentations of findings to multiple
levels of internal and external stakeholders, adapting the content
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior analysts.
- This role may require occasional travel ( As a valued member of
our community, you will:
- Join a high-profile team recognized for their abilities to
deliver keen insights with facts and figures, and leverage those
insights to improve product performance.
- Work for a company recognized for dedication to community. 100%
of our employees take advantage of our paid time off to volunteer.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of analytical experience and/or product experience in
insurance or a similar industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint,
especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as we work with these
- Proficiency in data science and coding (SAS, Python, SQL,
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to translate complex
concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Proven history of taking initiative and driving projects to
completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong research and analytical (quantitative and/or
qualitative) skills with ability to perform analysis and identify
solutions to issues.
- Ability to understand customer's goals as well as critical
business processes and rules to design solutions. Preferred
- Advanced Insurance product, price, underwriting and regulation
knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and
- Knowledge of insurance and ability to read and interpret
standard laws and regulations.
- Experience in budget forecasting
- Project management skillsCSAA Insurance Group Offers Many
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of
volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career
development opportunities.Be part of a community that worksAt CSAA
Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping
our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we
work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is
evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the
diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our
teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members,
community or one another.Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California,
our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey
and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at
CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careersLet's work togetherPlease submit your
application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please
check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from
us. Questions? Email We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Preferred job location is our Glendale, Arizona office, but we
are open to the other approved company and teleworking locations
listed In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act
(EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for
roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado. If
performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of $89,760
- $105,600 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual
discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up
to 8% of eligible pay. Company benefit offerings include: Medical,
Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Account
(HSA) which includes company contributions, Health Reimbursement
Arrangement (HRA), Reimbursement Accounts (Health Care
Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Reimbursement Account),
comprehensive Wellness Program including an activity portal and
activities, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Transit Commuter
Account Program, 401(k) Plan with company match on first 6% of
eligible pay that employee contributes each year 100% vested,
401(k) Plan annual profit sharing contribution 100% vested, company
paid Life Insurance (at 2x the annual salary), Voluntary
Supplemental Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Insurance (AD&D), Short-and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off
(Non-Exempt positions only), Flexible Time Off (Exempt positions
only), ten paid holidays per calendar year, Adoption Assistance
Program, Infant Car Seat Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment
Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Enrichment
Time of up to 40 hours per year to be used toward the categories of
culture, development, volunteerism, or wellness. Please note,
hourly or salary compensation, or the range of hourly or salary
compensation available for a position may vary by location. We
reserve the right to amend benefit offerings at any time and
compensation will be determined at time of
Keywords: CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, Glendale , Senior Insurance Product Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!